I would love to attend this one day. VCF East had this Commodore Retrospective, and here is a great video, which doubles as a fast history of Commodore machines, starting with typewriters, including a working Commodore 65.
Today I am releasing a new C64 Demo: Galactic Rasterbar Power.
I coded this demo in my spare time to accomplish a few goals:
- Broaden my understanding of 6502/6510 assembly and the C64 memory map
- Learn more about the VIC-II and how it works along with the CPU
- Create some interesting multicolor bitmap graphics for my C64
- Master the raster bar demo effect that I have always really enjoyed
- And by extension, understand and implement cycle-exact code
- Make a demo that works equally well on PAL and NTSC hardware.
- Write some music for the SID chip, and make it work on both major revisions of the SID
- As a bonus: make the raster bar effect look absolutely perfect in VICE debug borders.