Do you have a 1541 Ultimate or a SD2IEC, uIEC/SD, etc? Want to extract your GameBase 64 collection to an SD card or memory stick, with an optimized folder structure and file names, quick and easy? GameBase 64 Reorganizer SD is what you need.
Latest version: 220.127.116.11
For Windows 8, 10, and 11.
GB 64 Reorganizer began as a little utility to extract a Gamebase game archive collection into a folder structure ideal for the 1541 Ultimate. Over time, additional features such as filter support, HVSC SID file inclusion, and support for sd2iec devices has been added. The original title was “GameBase 64 Reorganizer for the 1541 Ultimate,” and this has been changed in version 3 to “GameBase 64 Reorganizer SD.”
In the end, the goal of Reorganizer is to create a folder and file structure ideal for your Commodore 64 mass storage device, whether it be a 1541 Ultimate or one of the many sd2iec devices available, with all (or as many as you have not filtered) of the titles from GameBase 64.
The “SD” is really a legacy title. This utility is really just about a folder structure, and the actual storage medium is not important. If you’re using a USB memory stick on your new 1541 Ultimate-II, this is still what you need!
To use this utility, you must have a Gamebase “games” folder with zip files containing the disk/tape images and VERSION.NFO files. This utility requires the VERSION.NFO files within each zip file to create the output directory structure. You do not need to have a complete GB installation or even have the actual GB database itself. This utility only works with the zip files containing the disk/tape images.
Additionally, if you have the High Voltage SID Collection, the SID files for games with SID: entries in the NFO files can also be copied to the output folders for each game.
Finally, if you are using the GameBase64 Front End you can export filters if you want Reorganizer to only include a subset of the games.
- Extract GB64 .zip archives into individual folders containing disk images, VERSION.NFO (optional), etc. VERSION.NFO files are re-formatted for easy reading on a 40-character display, either through the 1541 Ultimate file viewer or JiffyDOS ASCII file list command (@T:).
- Optimal, logical folder structure makes browsing the collection easy on your real C64 without extremely large directory listings.
- File names optimized for your particular device (optional): 1541 Ultimate, or sd2iec-based drive. Each of these has its own strengths and Reorganizer names files to appear as best as they can on a real C64 depending on the device.
- For sd2iec devices, Reorganizer can automatically create AUTOSWAP.LST files for multi-disk titles and also extract T64 archives into .Pxx files. (sd2iec can’t access T64s but seamlessly supports Pxx files.)
- Include sid files from HVSC right along with the games (optional). Supports raw sid files and PSID64 packed sids.
- Supports GameBase 64 front-end filter lists! No need to include the entire collection if you just want a subset of it.
Note for 1541U-I users: as of this writing, the current official firmware for the older 1541U units (before the Ultimate-II) doesn’t support file viewing. I have made a non-official build of the firmware that does support file viewing as well as sid playback. You can find that here.
Compatibility with Gamebase versions: I have tested this release with GB versions 10 through 16. It likely works with all previous versions and should work with future versions as well.
- Fixed a file name comparison issue that could cause games with identical names to be extracted to the same folder under certain circumstances, even when they should have unique IDs appended. This was causing the games Moonshadow and MoonShadow to extract into a single folder.
- Added .REU to the recognized file types for extraction (GB16 support).
- Fixed failure to export archives if the archive source set ended with a folder with exactly 251 zip files of the same first letter.
- Improved GameList.csv output includes error messages on each folder/game (if any).
- Recognize and extract .D81, .CRT, .G64, and .TAP files from archives (in addition to .D64 and .T64 files).
- Change 1541-U folder name case to be mixed instead of forced upper-case. Added “Ancient 1541-U Uppercase Mode” for 1541-U file optimization (uses the previous behavior for file case naming). Use this option if you prefer the old way or if you have a really old firmware and you need it for proper sorting/searching on the 1541-U.
- Added Test Mode. THIS STILL DELETES ANY PREVIOUS REORGANIZER OUTPUT IN THE DESTINATION FOLDER. This mode does everything except create the folders and extract the files, and you can review the GameList.csv file for results.
- Added Load/Save Settings function.
- Some cosmetic changes such as an improved icon design and changes to the faux-C64 status screen, just because.
- Fixed poor icon quality.
- Really fixed bug this time: reformatting some NFO files on some systems could cause extraction to freeze.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Bug fix: freeze on reformatting certain NFO file.
- Changed UI option for file and folder structure. The old “Uppercase folder names” option has been removed and incorporated into the 1541U option.
- Added sd2iec optimization support
- File and Folder structure which uses all lower-case names and limits names to 16 characters.
- Option: Generate AUTOSWAP.LST for multiple disk games
- Option: Extract T64 archives into .Pxx files
- When including HVSC SIDs, or PSID64 packed HVSC SIDs, change name of .SID and SID .PRG files to GAMESID.SID and GAMESID.PRG respectively.
- Changed output base folder name to GameBase SD (was GameBase 1541U)
- Changed name of this utility to GameBase Reorganizer SD
- Improvements to folder separation logic.
- Changed handling of VERSION.NFO file inclusion. You can now choose to include an optimized (reformatted for 38 columns) version, or keep the unaltered file, or exclude it entirely. I recommend the first option, but if your SD card is too full with the .NFO files you can suppress them by selecting Exclude.
- Added Filtering by exported RomLister XML file option.
- If there are fewer than 251 games, all of the game folders are placed in the root output folder.
- Added Unique-ID column to the output .csv file.
- Minor changes to UI.
- Added HVSC SID source files support.
- Added option to optimize the format of NFO files for the 1541U file viewer.
- Other improvements.
- Added “reduction” to base character for accented letters which the C64 doesn’t display properly anyway.
- Initial release.