Obliterator918’s custom 1541 Ultimate Firmware for “mark 1″ units.
If you have a 1541 Ultimate “mark 1″, my firmware may be of use. Since Gideon is developing new firmware revisions to take advantage of the larger FPGA on the Ultimate-II, official releases for Ultimate-I units have ceased (at least as of this writing).
Since the firmware is open source, I was able to make a custom build for my Ultimate-I with more recent additions than the last official revision for the Ultimate-I. I’m more than happy to share it here.
Version 2.6d.O918.4 Based on Gideon’s SVN revision 131.
NOT FOR THE 1541 ULTIMATE-II or II+.
Place appl.bin in your sd card root. It doesn’t flash your device, so it’s safe to experiment. You can revert to your official flashed firmware by simply deleting the appl.bin file.
For anyone else who wants to work with any of my revisions, the o918.patch file contains the only modifications I made to the firmware source.
Important features of this firmware revision:
- File viewer (great for reading the VERSION.NFO files reformatted by the GameBase 64 Reorganizer)
- Integrated SID player
- All fixes and compatible features up to official firmware release 2.6d.
My changes and additions:
- Added F3 help screen to show 1541U commands.
- Modified the file viewer so that scrolling will not advance past the last line.
- Added F1 and F7 page up/down to the file viewer.
- Modified behavior of the file browser so that when you cursor-right on an item with no children, the context menu is brought up as if you pressed return.